Junior Easter Cup
The Junior Easter Cup Sponsored by Mr Peter Martin will take place on Tuesday 2nd April, 2013.
All fully paid up Junior Members may enter. The Timesheet is posted on the main notice board.
Darren Clarke Golf Tour 2013
Please click on the links below to get details & booking form for the Darren Clake Tour
One of these events will take place at Tramore Golf Club on Saturday 13th July, 2013.
These is a poster with more details posted on the Junior Notice Board in the Locker Room
Rules for Junior Members 2013
RULES FOR JUNIOR MEMBERS 2013.
(Clubhouse/Property Rules & Golfing Etiquette)
- 1) Junior members (under the age of 18) may not enter the main bar at any time.
- 2) Junior members may not bring non-member onto Tramore
Golf Club property under any circumstances.
- 3) The ladies locker room shall not be entered by male junior members and girls may not enter the men’s locker room.
- 1. Juniors must check in with the Office or Pro shop when open for
permission to commence play.
- 2. Junior members must at all times give way to adults on the Golf course.
(Except during official Junior Competitions)
- 3. Junior Boys with a handicap of 18 or less and Junior Girls with a
handicap of 36 or less may play in Senior competitions.
- 4. 3 Junior Boys may now play together in competitions with a handicap
of 18 or less after 12 noon.
- 5. Fourballs are not permitted on the Old Course, but maybe permitted on
the Newtown 9. (Rule 2 must be applied at all times)
- 6. The minimum age for junior membership is 7. Children under that age are not allowed on the golf course or practice areas.
- 7. Between the ages of 7 &12, juniors shall not be allowed play on the golf course unless accompanied by an adult (over-18)
- 8. Junior members have restricted competition playing rights as detailed below.
- They are not eligible to win the Captains Prize or President prize.
- They may not compete in the following weekly competitions:
- 1. Tuesday Fourball
- 2. Weekly Long handicap
- 3. Weekly Mixed Foursomes.
- 9. Any repeated breach of above rules may result in suspension.
Golfing Etiquette for Juniors January 2013
- Play fairly at all times and always do your best
- Treat everyone with respect including your opponents and be gracious in defeat
- If it is not your turn, stand quietly and very still by not moving or talking
- Never use your mobile phone on the course unless in the case of emergency
- Never throw your clubs in anger or disgust
- Never be abusive or shout at yourself or others
- Never stand in a place that casts a shadow across a players putting line or walk through a players putting line
- Learn and abide by the rules of golf
- Make sure no one is standing too close before you swing your club
- Never hit your ball until you are sure the people in front are out of your range or landing zone
- Always shout “Fore” loudly if you think a golf ball is going towards someone
- If you hear “Fore”, cover your head and crouch down.
- Always wear appropriate clothing (i.e. shoes, hats, waterproofs, sun cream etc)
Pace of Play:
- Play quickly and keep moving
- If you think your ball is lost or out of bounds - always play a provisional ball
- If you are causing a delay, let the people behind go through
- Walk off the green as soon as everyone has completed the hole.
- Mark you scores at the next tee box.
Care of the Course:
- Always take care of the course
- Always rake and smooth the sand after your shot and your footprints when you are finished.
- Always repair your divots after hitting your shot
- Always repair your pitch marks on the green
- Always remove and replace the flagstick carefully
- Never run, jump or drop a bag on the green
- Never take or leave your bag or trolley on to the greens or tee boxes
- Never lean on your putter or stand on your ball.
Most of All Enjoy Your Game of Golf
Juniors Rules of Golf
Please refer to Tramore Junior Rules of Golf before going on the course.
A copy of the rules may be found on our web page under the Junior Section.
Always call in to the Golf Shop to make sure the course is available.
Page 3 of 9